Tuesday 21 January 2014

Favourite Second Hand Finds Part 1: Jennie

My mom has always been a second hand enthusiast.  She knows all the coolest and junkiest thrift shops around.  Myself, on the other hand, have always loved different things, but admittedly went through a few "too cool" stages.  The past few years second hand shops have been where the majority of our shopping is done.

We have found some amazing things. Those who do second hand shop, you know that feeling, the hidden treasure high! I swear, it is the best feeling!
Here are a few of my favs!

1. Little Jam Jars
These I know aren't that hard to find or even that exciting but I just love them!
I saw them in a little chairty shop a few years ago and thought these would be so awesome for all my loose leaf tea.  I was with my mom and she did the usual "You don't need that, you have too much junk!" so I said fine and left. Later, I kept on thinking about them and obviously talking about them, because the next day my mom went back and picked them up! After years, I still just love these cute little things.



2. Hudson's Bay Jacket
I wanted one of these coast for so long! I would always look at them on the Hudson's Bay website, dreaming of the day I would finally get my hands on my very own. Probably about a year ago I got a call from my mom saying she found one in my size at the by the pound store. The craziest part of this story is that the coat was $2! This year I found a damaged jacket exactly like mine with a hood, so I snagged the hood and made mittens with the rest of the coat.  Now my jacket is the real deal, hood and all! I must admit though I am still on the hunt for an original Hudson's Bay jacket, you know the one with the yellow, blue, green and red stripes. One day!



3. Brown Leather Bag
I got this bag years ago at a second hand shop down in a part of London I barely shop at. I picked it up without even thinking about it but now many years later it is still in my purse rotation. I actually think I got a job because of this bag. It made me look a lot cooler than I actually am.




4. Brown and Black Wool Coat
There is actually no real interesting story behind this jacket my mom just picked this up for me from the Salvation Army knowing I would love it and I did!




5. Edith Piaf Record
I think I got this record for 50 cents a couple summers ago. I loved the movie La Vie en Rose and was excited to pick it up. At the time I had a new puppy at home that was out of control and would cry all night long. I started to put records on for him at night to see if it would calm him down, but of course that was a no go. One night I put on the Edith Piaf record and he fell fast asleep. I was in shock! He would even cry when the record needed to be turned over! After that this record turned into Alfie's record, and anytime I would put it on he would lounge around like a true french doggie. It was hilarious.  Last year I went to Paris and now that record reminds me of sitting in a cafe, sipping a coffee on the streets of Paris. I want to go back one day but until then, my dog and I will just lounge around listen to this record and pretend to be in Paris.


No comments:

Post a Comment