Monday 24 February 2014

Broken to Beauty

I just wanted to post this quick easy little DIY I did today.
My mom bought me this huge deer head a couple weeks back from Home Sense with only one antler! I have always loved these over sized chrome deer heads but was definitely not willing to fork out $40-$50 on one for my place. This one was obviously really reduced to $10 and the person ringing my mom through probably thought she was insane buying this broken thing. During the holiday we always loved looking at the Roots windows where they decorated christmas trees with bright pompoms and wrapped really vibrate embroidery floss around sticks to create a really awesome take on the holidays. We pointed it out a few times thinking of different ways we could do something like this!

This is what I started with. A poor little one antlered deer.


I picked up a stick from outside and cut it down to what size I liked.


All I did is wrap different colour embroidery floss around the stick in various areas until I liked the way it looked. I used super glue to hold the ends in place.
I then taped the stick to the broken spot and made sure it would all be held together strongly. I wrapped the tape in embroidery floss until you couldn't see it anymore.
All done!




No comments:

Post a Comment